Monday, April 23, 2012

exchanging Belgian Francs for Euros

I have 550 Belgian francs (inherited from my-father-law). I will be in Belgium shortly. Can anyone tell me how the national bank is handling redemption in euros at this point? Or how many euros 550 francs will buy? Thanks in advance for your response.






|||



550 BEF = 13.63 euro



No problems to change banknotes. They won%26#39;t change coins, though.



Here%26#39;s the list of banknotes that are being changed for euros: bnb.be/NR/…Belgische_biljetten.pdf



For branches of the NBB check out their website: http://bnb.be




|||



Thank you, Amboseli!




|||



You will have to go to one of the offices of the national bank of Belgium, where they will give you roughly 13 euro%26#39;s for it.



you can google on %26#39;Kantoren nationale bank van belgie%26#39; for location and opening hours.



I know of offices in Brussels and Antwerp.





Ivan



No comments:

Post a Comment