Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Parking Car for 4 days

I am driving to Brussels and taking the Eurostar to London for the weekend, then coming back to Brussels to tour Belgium for a week, but would like to leave my car on the edge of town in a safe parking lot while I am in London. Ideally, there would be a metro close by to hop on and take to the Gare Midi to catch my train to London after parking my car. I see the airport charges about 13 euros a day, and the parking garage at gare midi charges 15 euros a day. I was hoping I could park for free, maybe somewhere like the Kinepolis? Also, I hear driving in Brussels is tough and busy, thus the reason I would like to park on the edge of town near a metro. Any recommendations?




|||



There is indeed a large, unattended, free car park next to Kinepolis (Heysel metro station) but I pass by there frequently on the way to the cinema and only yesterday passed 2 cars with broken side windows and glass all over the ground. I don%26#39;t know whether this is vandalism for the sake of it or theft of whatever was in the vehicle.



In residential areas near the centre, e.g. Mérode, there is no free street parking at all, you either require a resident%26#39;s parking permit or a ticket from a machine (or a car-park, e.g. under the Galerie du Cinquantenaire, accessed from rue des Ménapiens). Don%26#39;t know about anywhere further out.




|||



You could park on the street in my neighborhood and there is usually space every day. Come to Ave. D%26#39;Italie in Ixelles. From there you can walk to the tram. I have not seen any broken-into cars around here for ages.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 31, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment